Future City Summit is an international curation with a group of young leaders from The University of Hong Kong since 2016 on future city development
Future City Summit is an international curation of the summit by a group of university of students from The University of Hong Kong, supported by Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS) incubation and Vice President Office of HKU. It is founded in January 2016 and with the university fund of Global Partnership Seed Fund on UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Future City Summit 2017: Fast Forward to 2030 will move on with 200 delegates from 15+ countries covered, partnering with Smart City Consortium. The 5 days conference features deep dialogue with speakers, delegates in 4 panels, networking high table dinner, field studies and the first UN SDGs-oriented hackathon in Hong Kong. The hackathon prototypes will also be live-streamed online for crowdfunding.
What We've Achieved
- The Future City Summit 2017 will give endeavor:
- To facilitate exchange of ideas and culture across the borders in the region.
- To provide a platform for students, scholars, entrepreneurs and others locally and internationally to create a high-impact and innovative products in the Metro-hackathon session.
- To provide a chance for the students and overseas delegates to learn from, meet up with and be inspired by the influential people and scholars in the keynote speech and panel discussion sessions in 4 different thematic forums.
- To bring a networking opportunity between the students and the overseas delegates.